Field study part 2

EDD: Experimental Design Diagram


Here is the map with locations labeled (these correspond to the data table). I will refer to these locations in the explanations of some of my pictures. 



Sound map:

- Sounds that continued for the full time I was out there are marked "Continuous." 

- If I heard noises multiple times, I wrote the noise where I heard it. For example, the word "Squirrel" is marked a few times in the same area because the squirrel moved a few feet. 

- Arrows indicate that the source of the noise is off the page.



Field sketch of "Jack in the Pulpit" plant:

- Numbers correspond to the things I noticed and are explained on the bottom right corner. 



Images were taken on 9/20/2025 unless indicated otherwise.


Animal hole in the side of a hill near a dead tree



The ants crawling on the logs on the above pictures are at almost the middle of the screen.




These Silvery Glade ferns were growing near site one on the map. They were fully green on my first visit.


You can see the body of a worm in through the leaves in the middle of the screen. This worm was within five feet of the river bank. 


The thin and straight stick-like plants are horsetail. The brown ones drooping down are dead, while the green ones are still alive.






The two pictures above are pictures of a type of pin mold (AKA hairy poop mold), which is most commonly found on animal droppings. It was growing in damp soil within five feet of the stream, near location one on the map.




The three pictures above include young Oak saplings, growing farther than five feet but close than ten feet from the stream. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field study part 1

Field notes 10/9/2025